Elite round ordeal awaits Germany’s rivals
Italy, Belarus and Czech Republic have the daunting task of playing holders Germany following the draw for the UEFA European Women’s Under-17 Championship elite round.
Holders Germany will take on Italy, Belarus and Czech Republic in the UEFA European Women’s Under-17 Championship elite round following the draw in Nyon, with Denmark, Sweden and Norway all pooled together in a Scandinavian-accented Group 5 staged in Austria.
Elite round draw
- Group 2 (9-14 April): England, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland*, Hungary
- Group 3 (9-14 April): Germany (holders), Italy*, Belarus, Czech Republic
- Group 4 (22-27 March): Spain, Belgium, Russia*, Romania
- Group 5 (11-16 April): Denmark, Austria*, Sweden, Norway
- Group 6 (23-28 March): France, Scotland, Poland*, Slovakia
The six group winners and the runner-up with the best record against the sides first and third in their pool qualify to join hosts Iceland in the finals from 22 June to 4 July 2015.
- Germany, France and Spain received a bye to this round.
- Germany won the first eight-team finals last season in England, their fourth title.
- Spain have won two championships, with Poland the other former winners.
- Finland, Turkey, Belarus (who will stage the 2016 tournament), Russia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Serbia and Romania are all hoping to qualify for the first time.